Friday, September 3, 2010

Update on parking tickets

Ok, so my first protests for earlier parking tickets have been denied. I knew that was going to happen.

I am in the process of going through the MAIL-IN ADMINISTRATIVE HEARING. I sent my three protests in August, 2010. SFMTA has 90 days to respond to it.

This past month, I have done the following:

1. Gone to the free legal clinic at UC Hastings to get some information about my wanting to file a class action lawsuit against the city and county of San Francisco.

2. I have been in communication with the SFMTA Sunshine Requests Department and have obtained a letter indicating that: (1) the city has instituted the hand-held device beginning 1998 and (2) since 1998, 18,000,000+ tickets have been generated. Yes, 18 million tickets!!!

3. I have done some research on how California Vehicle Codes 40200-40230 (which state what a citation and parking penalty should look like) by going to the several law libraries.

I found out that CVC 40202-40203 which is of most interest to those who have received parking tickets were an outcome of Assembly Bill 942. This bill was introduced in February 1985 by late Senators Robert Frazee and Gil Ferguson. It was co-authored by Marian Bergeson. The bill was finally approved and signed off my then Gov. Deukmejian in September 1986. It became Chapter 939 of Statutes of 1986.

I am still trying to find out how specific wordings were added into the CVC 40202-40203.

I will keep you updated on this.

DISCLAIMER

This blog is meant to educate you about San Francisco, SFMTA, DPT, parking rules, parking citations, etc.

By reading and using this blog, you FULLY agree and understand that this blogger does not take any responsibility for information you choose to use...particularly, if you plan on contesting your parking ticket(s).

Many of the postings in this blog are based on the blogger's own experience dealing with SFMTA, DPT, DPW, etc. and personal research. While there have been instances that the blogger had been able to get his tickets reversed, he does not, in any way, guarantee that the same arguments will work with anyone else's situation.

Your use of information in this blog is totally voluntary and at your own risk.